Well hello there and Happy Friday to you!
I am excited to share this pinspired recipe with you today. Here is the PIN and here is the original RECIPE if you'd like to check those out.
One of the reasons (and there are many) that I love Pinterest is for all of the amazing recipes I find. Some I make following the directions exactly, but for the most part I tweak them and make them into something I know my family will enjoy.
Let's get started, shall we?
3-4 large potatoes
2 green onions (chopped)
1/2 of a red bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 can of corn (drained)
12 oz of ground turkey meat
splash of milk
knob of butter
2-ish cups of shredded cheese
1. Clean your potatoes and use a fork to poke them. Rub them down with olive oil and sprinkle them generously with salt. Put them in a (preheated) 400 degree oven and bake for about an hour (depending on how big your potatoes are).
2. Cook up your ground turkey meat on the stove, seasoning with salt, pepper, and garlic power (to taste). Once your meat is almost cooked, add in the green onions, bell pepper, and corn. Finish cooking and remove from heat.
3. Once your potatoes are finished, cut them in half and scoop the insides out and into a mixing bowl. Be sure to leave about 1/2 inch of potato in there otherwise they will fall apart. Don't burn your hands! Use a towel to hold onto the potato.
4. Add butter, salt, pepper, garlic, 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, and a splash of milk to your mixing bowl of potatoes and mash/mix together well.
5. Scoop the meat mixture into the bottom of the potato "shells" and then top with a mound of the mashed potato mixture.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top of the potatoes and place back into the oven for 15-20 min. (or until cheese is melted and browned a bit).
7. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 min.
8. Garnish with a sprinkle of green onions and serve!
These were SO YUMMY!! And we had leftovers for lunch, which makes this an even BETTER dinner : )
Gotta ♥ leftovers!
I hope you all have a beautiful weekend!
Meet me back here on Monday for...